and works without installation of any plugins, java code etc.
It's a great frontend to edit data that you want to display on a web page. For structured output
of data in CVS format see the HTML table classes
- Paste content directly from the clipboard. For example copy a region in excel, and paste it here using the button or ctrl-v. (Mozilla-workaround: use the paste button.)
- An Excel or CVS import could be done with an attached button that opens a file upload window. On the server you could use Bs_FileConverterExcel.class.php to convert to CSV.
- Export to cvs (excel can be done using the biff-writer or another class that writes excel files).
- Bold/italic/underline (with buttons, and in ie also by hitting ctrl-b, ctrl-i, ctrl-u)
- Row-based ordering (ascending and descending).
- Inserting columns and rows.
- Deleting columns and rows.
- Resizing columns and rows ala excel (not in mozilla).
- Multiline editing by hitting shift-enter (not in mozilla)
- The current cell name (for example C5) and cell value are displayed in the header line.
Good key support:
- F2 = start edit cell (like double click)
- ESC = end cell edit and restore to previous value
- Cursors up, down, left, right and tab/enter to move around cells
- In mozilla only the doubleclick works so far.
- Can be directly used as form field. See the Bs_Form package.
- Internet Explorer 6 or above is needed.
- It could be updated to work with ie5.5.
- Tested in Mozilla 1.4. Only a few extra-features don't work here yet. See the features list above.